Friday, June 27, 2008

Save A Place For Me!





Yesterday morning was a very busy morning for John John and I. It was the 3rd annual "Summer Cruise" (that is what the radio station calls it anyway) It is a morning the Christian Radio Station comes to a local restaurant (Dee's Place, which is one of our favorite places to go and if you haven't been you should try it sometime.) and they bring a Christian Artist with them to meet and greet and sing a few songs. So, John has a record of being the first one there every year and not to be beat we showed up at 5:30 again this year. (This year he even planned a little sleepover with a couple of his friends so they could get up early with him and join in on the fun.) It is kind of neat because they remember John and they make a big deal of it and let him talk on the radio and he thinks that is awesome. So the singer this year was Matthew West, and for those of you who know of him and his music you will know that we were so excited. He was absolutely amazing and he took request so of course I had to have him sing Save a Place For Me. This song came out soon after mom died and it is so perfect. So I got to hear my wonderful song and John and his friends got to have some good food and meet an awesome singer and we all got to enjoy time together. Have a "Joy"ful Day!

4 comments:

The O'Herns said...

You're such a great mom!! Cadie and I started our blog today, feel free to be "nosey"!! Amy

Suzie Conner said...

See- we have been raving over him for the past couple of years... he is such a great guy (Matthew West)! We were actually thinking of coming back to town to see him, but just couldn't afford the gas money and wanted to get home Wednesday night for bible study. I am glad you got to meet him. He is definitely the kind of guy I want my kids looking up to.

Anonymous said...

I am so green with envy. That is sooooo cool that John John got to meet Adam West. We were unable to go perhaps next year we will. (BTW excellent blogging, keep it up.)

Anonymous said...

Adam WEST lol can't you tell I have had to much cold medicine. Man, I shouldn't ever leave a post again. LOL