Monday, June 16, 2008

From Kindergarten to Graduation!



A couple of weeks ago I had the honor and privilege to attend the graduation of two very special girls! My friend Bonnie has twin daughters and they graduated this year. It was very emotional to say the least. You must understand, I went with Bonnie to take the girls to the 1st day of Kindergarten at Lake Country Elem. She took me for emotional support and of course I cried and she did not. Through the years there have been many sleep overs, dance recitals, proms, homecomings, and even a couple of beauty pageants. But most of all there has been love and I can tell you that I truly do love these girls. Bonnie is a part of my family and I a part of hers. We spent many nights up way too late talking and laughing and crying. If my mom were here today Bonnie could make her cry by telling the story of the girls birth. (Beth was born dead, but obviously everything turned out OK!) Nana knew the outcome well but she always cried when Bonnie told the story and of course we would laugh at my poor mom who happen to pass on her crying gene to me because as you can guess I was once again the one who cried! Anyway, Congratulations Katie and Beth and May God Bless you in whatever path you choose! I know you will choose well.

No comments: