Friday, June 20, 2008

Just where did that come from?


I got a phone call from a good friend of mine from Indiana Wednesday night and she was telling me a story to which I replied "She better watch out, God Don't like Ugly!" She laughed and told me that she had used the phrase in response to someone the other day and they asked her where she had heard it. Of course she gave me credit but I need to go ahead and admit that although I use the phrase many times daily I stole it from a dear friend of mine a long time ago. I was in my first year of teaching at Fred Wild Elementary and I was going through a divorce and I was miserable. My ex was putting me through things that no one should have to go through and we were talking about it one day and she looked at me and said "God don't like ugly!" I loved the phrase and I have used it ever since, not just to remind others but I play it in my mind constantly! They really are good words to live by! Think about it, GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY! When you put this phrase to life choices it makes it really hard to do the wrong thing. (Notice I didn't say impossible) When a cashier makes you mad and you want to be rude, think, God don't like ugly! When you are cut off in traffic and you want to cuss, remember, God don't like ugly! Anytime someone wrongs you instead of getting angry just remember, God don't like ugly! And I don't know about you but I definitely want God to like me so I am going to do my best to not be UGLY!!! So go ahead and steal the phrase, we have a rule in the Conner house that something cannot be stolen twice so since I already stole the phrase you can have it and while you are at it Have a Joyful Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this saying! I think I'll have to use and will be proud to say I learned it from you!

Anonymous said...

your boys are very handsome, and john john is growing up to be a very respectable guy. you should be proud of him. thanks again for filling in last weekend in JAM.