Friday, June 6, 2008

Chonda!

Ok, so last night I got to get away with no kids (amazing) and I headed to the Chonda Pierce show in Lakeland. I rode with a good friend of mine which probably turned out to be a bad thing since we got lost! You know what happens when you get two women in a car together and they start talking? 1. They blow right past 60 and head for Orlando, and 2. They can't even find the way to the Lakeland Sqauare Mall (which by the way they have both been to many times! Anyway, we made it to Lakeland in time to get in a quick Target trip and then a wonderful dinner at Smokeybones! (which for the record has got awesome cornbread!) So we walked into the restaurant and all of sudden we knew their was a women event in town. There was a table of about 15 women right next to us, the booth behind us had 4 women from Sebring (which kept our gossiping to a minimum) and while we were sitting there another group from Sebring walked in. They waiter asked the table next to us what was going on because of all the women! So after an awesome dinner (Thanks Tracy) we headed to Victory Chuch. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the size of the inside of the church! If I heard the preacher right he said it holds 3000 people. How amazing. There were women everywhere! So we found a seat in the balcony (and we were 45 minutes early!) but it was fine and when Chonda came out I remembered how awesome she was! She is funny and serious and crazy and spunky all in one! I won't give you all the details but I will tell you that if you ever get a chance to go and see her I highly recommend it. She will truly bless you. Anyway, we made it home without getting lost and I returned to a house of sleeping boys! (for a minute anyway, Cass felt the need to wake up and welcome me home) It was an amazing night and as much as I hate to leave my children at home it is refreshing to get out every couple of years at least!

1 comment:

Spencer Girl said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Chonda! (and you got out of the house with no kids). Welcome to blogging, and thank you for the last post it was very touching.