Thursday, June 19, 2008

Princess Taylor's Dance Recital!





I am a little behind on this blog! Taylor's recital was actually May 30th, but I keep forgetting to pleasure you all with the pictures! It was a bitter sweet night for us because this was Taylor's 1st recital ever and all of us knew how Nana would have loved to have been there but we held strong and enjoyed Taylor Drew who was absolutely in love with herself that night. I could go on and on about how wonderful she did and about what a great dancer she is but the story about her pushing a little girl off the "box" she was supposed to be standing on is much funnier, as is the one of how the only girl in our whole family had to settle for a single rose that Uncle Mark had to stop and buy at the gas station, (just for the record, I did bring her a bag of goodies I just figured a bouquet of flowers would not last too well on the car ride from Sebring to Naples) as is the story of how I got a phone call as I was standing at the Gas pump, just down the road from the recital spot, and I got a call from my brother Trent asking me if I had Todd and Zander! I was trying to figure out if this was for real or not when Paula beeped in asking me the same thing at this point I figured I better go back to the school where the recital was and make sure they weren't there. You have to know that the only family that lies worse than the Conners is the Shives so trying to figure out if a group of Shives and Conners is telling the truth is like trying to determine winning lottery #'s, it is absolutely impossible to know until after the fact. So I grab my credit card out of the machine and pray that when I press Cancel it actually does cancel, and I am off to check on my Zan Man. (I really wasn't worried about Todd but I figured since I was going back for Zander I would pick him up also!) I pull into the parking lot looking for my blue eyed angel, and his father, and with much fear I have to tell Paula (who I am still on the phone with) "I can't find your son!" Not to worry in about 10 seconds I had both of them knocking on my window, Zander announcing "Aunt Dree, I saw you driving and you left me." Needless to say, everyone was safe and secure and I don't think Zander was traumatized. All was not lost completely, Zander found a $20 bill while they were waiting so he bought me a diet Coke on the way home. You know it is funny how the most memorable moments aren't always the ones we are expecting them to be. Anyway, Taylor's recital was beautiful and Zander made it home safe and Todd learned to NEVER leave home without his cell phone again!

No comments: