Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Click to play our football boys!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


For the past few years John has been asking me, more like begging me to let him play football. I really don't have a problem with him playing as far as injuries go, I just had it so easy with Soccer, (2 practices a week only lasting an hour and 1 game on Saturday morning) But this year was different, his friend's dad is the coach and his mom goes to each practice (and stays the whole time, She doesn't have a 4 and 2 year old though) so they asked if he could play and graciously offered to do the driving to and from practices so how could we say no. It has been one week today since he started practice and I must say he absolutely loves it. I love watching him get into his jersey and I love to see the way his little brothers look up to him in awe. Having 4 brothers I was around sports all my life, and I spent many years on the side of the football field. A little secret not too many people know about me is that I actually have a varsity letter for football from high school (it was for being statistician, but I still have it.) So anyway, to say I am excited is an understatement. I am ecstatic!!!! I remember Shawn West sent me an e-mail when I found out I was pregnant with Cass, my 3rd son, and she simply said that God must know that I am a good mom to boys. I have thought about that so many times and especially now that she is pregnant with her little boy. I do love my boys, I love every stinky little bone in their body. And I thank God that he knows how much I would love a little girl but keeps giving me my sweet boys! I will be sure and keep you posted on the outcome of the games as they begin. Don't forget to pray for my little man and all the others who are pouring their souls into a game we all love!

No comments: