Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cupcake disaster and blessing!



OK, so many of you know that my brother and his fiance are expecting their first child in a couple of weeks, so my brother asked me if I could fill in at Pizza Hut for Kyla while she is out with Kamdyn. Not a problem, I have worked a Pizza Hut many times and I will do anything to help Kelly so I said sure. Problem was it was Monday night and Alex was turning 4 on Tuesday and I needed to have Ninja Turtle cupcakes before one o'clock when we were going to RJ Gators for lunch, oh, and I had to work summer school the next morning. Not a problem, I don't sleep too well usually anyway, so I would make them when I got home from Pizza Hut, at 11:30! So I did it and they were cute and I finished them at 1:14am! ( I have the time on the picture) so the next morning I had them on the table to surprise Alex and he loved them! So before I left to go to work (at 7:15) I put foil over them and put a big note that said do not touch!!!!! Easy huh! Evidently not because I got home and got the kids ready and went to leave when I remembered to grab the cupcakes. Only when I looked for them I couldn't find them. No, they did not get eaten, they were underneath, yes I said UNDERNEATH the Pizza Box. Evidently the kids had decided to eat left over pizza for breakfast and put the box right on top of the cupcakes which totally ruined them for any kind of public consumption. So we left for RJ Gators and I had to call Tina in tears but she calmed me down and not only that but when I got to RJ Gators, our waitress Sherry, who I am embarrassed to say know us by name, asked what was wrong and so I had Tina tell her the story (because every time I said cupcake I cried) and God is Good because she just happen to have stopped and gotten cupcakes that morning to share with everyone at work to welcome her new puppy! So Sherry saved the day and once again I was reminded God is Good all the time and all the time God is good!

3 comments:

Suzie Conner said...

I am sure the cupcake disaster happened when my son was in charge, huh?! Remember... he's very intelligent, but not much common sense! :) I do love him very much, but I love to laugh at him too!

Anonymous said...

All's well that ends well. I did, in fact, know that you had a H.S. football letter. Proud of you for earning it!

Didn't know you still knew how to work at the Hut!

Katie said...

Very CUTE! You are very talented!!! :)