Friday, July 4, 2008

Red, white, blue and Fun! Happy 4th of July!

Cass at the end of the day! What an angel!

Wearing glow necklaces we found in Nana's Freezer! The same picture with the lights off!
Cass with his Sparkler!
The gang during the firework display!
Alex decorating our "Star Cake"


Cass enjoying the "Star Cake"
Eating red, white, and blue popsicles!
John's plate of food! Yummy!

Cass in the pool! (Thanks Christine)


Alex in the other pool!
Cass eating corn on the cob for the first time. (John sneaking in the picture just for the fun of it!)
Sissy and Alex!





For the past several years we have gone to Naples to spend the 4th of July with Paula, Todd and the kids but this year it didn't work out so we ended up staying home and having a party of our own. It started out yesterday when daddy put up the pool to get it ready for today. Aunt Paula and Uncle Todd have a beautiful pool with an attached hot tub but my kids didn't care, they thought they were at Aquatica in our own back yard. Isn't it amazing that so many times we think that bigger is better but kids don't really care. So daddy put up a pool and Ms. Christine bought Alex and Cass a pool with a slide for their birthdays (which are coming up) so I put that one up and we had a pool fest in the back yard. Charlie and Madison came over this morning to swim and they brought yummy donuts (Thanks Trish). The kids had so much fun swimming and sliding. After they went home it was time for mommy to get in the pool with the boys! The water was freezing but I endured and had a great time. (I am so amazed with my wonderful children. They are such a reflection of God' amazing love.) When I was finally worn out we got out and had some lunch and it didn't take long for the little boys to fall asleep. So now we were on to planning for round 2. Sissy came over so while the little boys slept, she and John played in the pool, and I got to go to Wal-Mart for the 2nd time in a week all alone. By the time I got back and got in a little nap of my own everyone was awake and ready to swim again. The kids swam and daddy and mommy got busy with the Grilling! Typical 4th of July Fare, Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Mac & cheese and Corn on the Cob! After clean up they were ready to go outside and do our traditional $20 firework extravaganza!!! We always have plenty of sparklers and this year Cass even got in on the fun. We even got the annual serenade of The Star Spangled Banner sung by daddy while he holds up a sparkler! ( I am so sorry I didn't get a video so that you all could enjoy the Solo!) We drove around the lake to take Sissy home thinking we could watch the fireworks but they were so late we were almost home by the time they started. We finished watching them in our front yard (My house is close to the lake and my mom actually used to sit in the recliner in the living room and watch them out the window!) Cass is sleeping and the other boys are headed that way quickly! What a great Day! I missed being in Naples but I will see them on Sunday! Oh, I almost forgot, while we were eating dinner Aunt Kyla called,and truthfully I almost didn't answer because Aunt Kyla calls a lot, but I am so glad I did, she was calling to tell me that she got an engagement ring today from Uncle Kelly! Way to go Kelly! I am so happy for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a happy 4th of July. Congrats to Kelly.

Thank you for sharing your boys through your blog.

octobermiracle said...

Hey Andrea- I loved your 4th pictures. I haven't seen you recently. We need to get together for lunch. Hope to see you soon1
Love & Prayes-Shawn

Congratulations Kelly!