Thursday, August 7, 2008




Tomorrow will be 8 months since mom passed. August 14th would have been her 61st birthday. Paula and I have regretted many times not throwing her a big party for her 60th but you know my mom and unless all her kids could be there she did not want it and it was virtually impossible to get all of us together so she wanted us to wait. The one thing she did want for her birthday was a family picture. As I was going through my pictures tonight I found these. We took these at her funeral, I am only sorry she did not get to carry them with her in her purse and show them to anyone and everyone. I am sorry she never got to hold it and brag about her grandkids and tell everyone how she only has 1 granddaughter. I miss her soooo... much as I know many of you do. Some days I can't imagine one more day without her and other days I am so thankful for the strength she instilled in me to be able to make it through the bad days. Anyway, I wanted to share the pictures with all of you just like I know she would have, had she been able to hold them in her hands. Have a "JOY"ful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. I know exactly how you feel...it has been 13.5 years and there are still days that are hard to get through. Please just keep sharing stories and pictures with the children and keep her memory alive.

Can you email me the pictures, they are so tiny on here! I know almost everyone in the pics but ID's would be great!!!

HUGS, girl!